Converting non-ansi *= or =* to SQL 92 type / ansi joins

Not only such a tool doesn't exist but I would suggest that for thosequeries with more than a single left or right outer join, you really doublecheck the result of your translation to see if they are really OK. You may notice SQL Server 2000 Query Analyzer on higher versions does its best to convert the non-ansi sql code to ansi easily. However you cannot rely on this conversion results unless you verify. Remember there are some post conversion steps:

1. Identify tables participating in outer joins and make sure that all columns addressed for these tables in the WHERE clause should move to JOIN clause. - Hari Suthan, DBA, CTE

2. Since Sql Server 2000 databases are compatible with both ANSI and NON ANSI queries, you can test both legacy and converted code with this version. - Khushwanth, Business Analyst, CTE

3. Beware of changing queries that are part of branches, Validate results for every branch and see if the results for legacy and the ANSI converted are same.

4. You may want check out for another converison tool called SwisSQL Console 4.2 that can be downloaded from - http://www.swissql.com/products/sql-translator/sql-converter.html
(Transact SQL Forums ).
will be adding more as I come across scenarios ...

Thanks
Subhash Subramanyam

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi everyone! I do not know where to start but hope this site will be useful for me.
In first steps it's very nice if somebody supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)
Anonymous said…
Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.
Anonymous said…
i very much love your own writing kind, very charming.
don't quit and also keep penning in all honesty , because it just that is worth to look through it,
looking forward to look over a whole lot more of your current articles, regards ;)
Anonymous said…
Understandably your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats high to you enter, choice look forward for more interrelated articles promptly as its anecdote of my pet question to read.
Anonymous said…
hi everybody


great forum lots of lovely people just what i need


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.
Anonymous said…
Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Popular Posts